Last Update: May, 2021
Fundamental Income Properties, LLC and its related companies (collectively, “Fundamental Income”) own and operate this website, with a home-page located at www.FundamentalIncome.com (the “website”). Respect for privacy and compliance with laws are critical values at Fundamental Income.
Please review this Policy carefully before sharing information with us so you understand our privacy practices. By using our website, communicating with us, or providing information to us, you agree to the terms of this Policy, including any subsequent updates or revisions to this Policy. “You” means the person using this website and providing personal information, and/or any other person on whose behalf you are using this website.
Personal Information We Receive
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” is any information that identifies or can be used to contact a particular individual, such as your name, email address or telephone number. For example, if you fill out our “Contact Us” page on this website, you would be providing Fundamental Income with your personal information. The personal information we receive includes the following categories.
- Contact information – first name, last name, email address, and telephone number.
- Marketing information – details regarding informational and promotional materials you may have requested or received from us, the markets in which you are interested, your receipt of promotional communications, and information on your marketing or communication preferences.
- Communications information – copies of communications and inquiries you have submitted to us.
- Device and usage information – details regarding how and when your computer accessed our website, including the type of device used to connect to our website, the type of Internet browser your computer uses, your IP address, the frequency and duration of your usage, the pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the website, and information about your interaction with our website and software.
Please note that we may aggregate or anonymize the foregoing types of data such that they are no longer capable of identifying you, in which case they are no longer considered “personal information.”
Other Information We Receive
Like most websites, we use various technologies to automatically collect information about website visitors, including the following:
- Log Files and Device Identifiers. We use log files to track actions occurring on the website and collect data about visitors, including IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, and device identifiers.
The information collected through these technologies may be combined with personal information or aggregated with other information on website visits. We may share information about your use of our website with our analytics partners, who may combine it with other information that you previously provided to them.
How We Use Personal Information
We may, now or in the future, use the personal information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Providing the you with information you requested regarding Fundamental Income as well as with other related information we believe you may find useful or interesting;
- Providing customer support to verify, investigate, and respond to any claims, problems, or requests made relating to our website;
- Enforcing our terms of service or agreement with customers;
- Preventing or detecting hacking activities, security breaches, or safety risks in connection with our website;
Sending service announcements and messages;
- Developing, updating, and improving our website offerings;
- Optimizing your experience on our website and ensuring that our content is presented to you in the most effective manner;
- Sending you promotional or marketing communications and solicitations, tracking your marketing preferences, and for our internal marketing purposes along with those of our parent and/or affiliate companies;
- Notifying you about changes to our website and material changes to this Policy;
- Providing you with surveys or otherwise soliciting feedback regarding the website; and
- Performing other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or to which you otherwise consent.
For more information about your options relating to your personal information and your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
When the information we collect about you is aggregated, anonymized, or otherwise does not identify you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
In addition, we may share personal information with the following types of entities:
- Service providers and third-party vendors that we use to support our business, including companies that perform work necessary for us to provide and improve the website. For example, we may share your email address with any entity that helps us send email.
- Analytics vendors in order to understand our website traffic and usage patterns, optimize our website, and identify potential new clients.
- Fundamental Income’s parent or affiliate entities, including for the purpose of providing you with information and materials you may find interesting.
- Buyers or other successors prior to or in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as a part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, where the information is among the assets being transferred.
- Other parties for any purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights or the rights of other customers or vendors.
Choices About the Collection and Use of Personal Information
We aim to provide you with a range of choices regarding your personal information. If we send you promotional emails, you can stop receiving those emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email. We endeavor to promptly process any unsubscribe requests. You can also choose not to provide us with information we may request through our website, for example you may choose not to provide us with your email address, but in that case we would not be able to contact you via email.
If you do not wish to have your email or other contact information used by us to promote our own or our affiliate’s products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email at email@example.com. This opt-out does not prohibit us from sending you other non-marketing business, account-status, or legal notices.
If you wish to update or correct any personal information about you, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal information from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit to us through the Internet and you do so at your own risk. You agree that we are not responsible for the illegal actions of third parties (e.g., criminal hackers). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password for the Services.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. Such websites may have separate privacy policies that you should review. We are not responsible for the content of linked websites or those companies’ data-handling practices.
Fundamental Income is headquartered in the United States and, as a result, the information you provide to us will be transmitted to and reside on servers or workstations in the United States. If your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing. You understand and consent that information you provide may be transferred to and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country. No action on or involving this website by Fundamental Income is intended to subject Fundamental Income to the laws or jurisdiction of any other country or territory.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer, and processing of your “Personal Information”, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We reserve the right to limit these rights where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. To exercise any of the rights below, please contact us via the contact information below and provide the requested information. Only you or an “authorized agent” (as defined by the CCPA) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
- In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about consumers. The categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose in the past 12 months were identified above.
- In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about minors (under 16 years of age).
California – Individual Rights
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. You have the right to request that Fundamental Income disclose the Personal Information it collects, uses, and discloses about you to third parties. There are two types of Right to Know requests you can make:
- Right to Know (Abbreviated Request): If you make a Right to Know (Abbreviated Request), you will receive the following information about you:
- Category of Personal Information collected in the past 12 months,
- Categories of sources from which that information was collected,
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected,
- The categories of third parties with whom Personal Information has been shared, and
- The business or commercial purpose for which Fundamental Income sold or disclosed the category of Personal Information.
- Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request): If you make a Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request), you will receive the following information about you:
- a. Specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- Right to Know (Abbreviated Request): If you make a Right to Know (Abbreviated Request), you will receive the following information about you:
This information will be provided to you free of charge, unless Fundamental Income determines that your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You may request this information twice in a 12-month period. This right is subject to certain exceptions. If you submit a request that is subject to an exception, we will alert you of this when you submit your request.
Right of Deletion. You have the right to request that Fundamental Income and our service providers delete any Personal Information about yourself, which Fundamental Income has collected from you upon receipt of a verifiable request. This right is subject to certain exceptions. If you submit a request that is subject to an exception, we will alert you of this when you submit your request.
Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Information. California Consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of Personal Information by a business that sells Personal Information. Fundamental Income does not sell any Personal Information of California Consumers to unrelated third parties for marketing purposes.
Submitting Requests. You can submit your request by emailing us at email@example.com.
Verifying Requests. Fundamental Income provides California Consumers with the ability to submit requests through our email address. Fundamental Income must verify that the person requesting information or deletion is the California Consumer about whom the request relates in order to process the request. To verify a California Consumer’s identity, your request must include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, the nature of your request (e.g., abbreviated request to know, request to delete, etc.), and the context in which we may have received your information (e.g., website visitor.). We may reserve the right to request additional information necessary to verify your identity we may request up to up to three pieces of Personal Information about you when you make a request to compare against our records. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in your request to verify your identity. Fundamental Income reserves the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify the identity of California Consumers or confirm the exact nature of the request.
Authorized Agent. Consumers may use an authorized agent to submit their request, consistent with the requirements of the CCPA. The authorized agent may submit the requests following the same methods outlined above. If you are an authorized agent and a consumer has given you signed permission to submit a request on his or her behalf, please send a copy of your signed permission by the consumer to Fundamental Income. Failure to submit proof of signed permission may result in Fundamental Income denying the consumer’s request. Fundamental Income may require the consumer to verify his or her identity and directly confirm with Fundamental Income that the consumer has provided you with permission to submit the request.
Response Timing and Format. The CCPA requires us to acknowledge your request within 10 business days and to respond within 45 days of receipt. We may, however, extend the response period by an additional 45 days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason for the extension in writing or via email. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain any reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a readily-useable format for the information we provide in response, unless a different format is specifically requested.
Right to Equal Service. Fundamental Income will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to you.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Our website is a general audience site and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 16 years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 16. Should we discover that a child under the appropriate age provided his or her personal information, we will promptly delete that information.
Data Storage and Retention
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill your requests or the purposes for which it was obtained, including the provision of Services. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with a particular customer, (ii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject, and (iii) as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
Please note that we do not alter our website’s data collection and use practices when we detect a “Do Not Track” signal from your device.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may change this Policy from time to time. If there are changes to our Policy, we will post them here and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Continued use of this website after any changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes. Accordingly, we encourage you to check the Policy periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the following information:
Fundamental Income Properties, LLC
2425 E Camelback Road, Suite 700
Phoenix, AZ 85016